Monday, October 29, 2012

Election Party Planned

                                                 Duck For President Election Party!!

So, far this week I have an Election Party planned based on the book Duck For President by Doreen Cronin. It is such a cute book about the election process for younger kids. I was getting so bummed, because all the election activities on Pinterest or on the web are for older kids and not for two year olds.


 
So, once I read this book to Logan , among others about the election, this was my favorite and I knew I wanted to make a themed party about this book!

We have invited 6 other friends over for some fun! Of course we are going to read this book then have different stations for hands on learning. Everyone was asked to dress in red, white and blue and bring a snack to share! I will post pictures after the party!

The first station would be to cast their VOTE on their favorite candy! I plan on making a ballot box and then having two pieces of candy that once they vote for their favorite then they can eat it!

The second station is to paint with rubber ducks. I saw this on Pinterest  and loved the idea.  I went to Walmart and bought three rubber ducks in the $1 bins. I plan on using red, white and blue  washable paint and just having the kids stamp those colors using the ducks on paper. This blogger mom did the same idea with another book and I really think it will work with this book.

The third station is to try and bounce pin pong balls in different buckets. I might try and get some more rubber ducks to throw just to add something different! This blogger mom had this idea and more fun ideas for other parties! I thought this would play into the fine motor skills for this age!! I am excited to see how this turns out!

One part in the book that cracked me up ( since we are huge coffee drinkers) was that the duck hated grinding the coffe beans each morning for the farmer. I plan on making a station where they will feel inside a container that is wrapped and feel coffee beans and another one with coffee beans that are ground up. They will be asked to smell it and then guess what is inside also.

This leads me to the fifth station being the decorating star sugar cookies! Then finishing the party with Duck Duck Goose!

So, I hope this encourages other moms of 2 year olds to take party and have some fun with the election coming up! Hope this gives you some good ideas.

The other book we check out from the library and loved was...


The President and Mom's Apple Pie  by Micheal Garland

This book was super cute and you could totally go with the Flag and Apple theme for a party! I loved the history factor to this book! This is a for sure book to check out if you have not read it!



No comments:

Post a Comment